St. Louis PTC - STD Part-time Intensive - *GOLDFARB Nurses Only*
**REGISTRATION FOR GOLDFARB NURSES ONLY!**
This course is an in-indepth study of the most commonly seen STDs in the U.S. that covers prevention, screening, diagnosis, laboratory interpretation, treatment and follow-up of bacterial and viral STDs. Topics included are: syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, PID, vaginitis/vaginosis syndromes, HPV, HSV, HIV, history and physical exam, partner management, and recent changes to the CDC STD Treatment Recommendation Guidelines.
COURSE OBJECTIVES: By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Discuss current treatment recommendations for the most common STDs.
- List recent developments in HIV prevention and treatment.
- Demonstrate the ability to take a sexual history.
- Identify point-of-care tests available for STDs.
- Recognize the symptoms of primary and latent syphilis.
CME: The St. Louis STD/HIV Prevention Training Center designates this educational activity for a maximum of 30 credits AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) TM . Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Shirley Williams 314-747-1522 firstname.lastname@example.org