The NC STD Update will provide updated information on recent trends and current management of a variety of sexually transmitted diseases including syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia and vaginal infections. This activity will also address best practices as relates to the care of transgender individuals and unique management and treatment approaches pertinent to adolescent sexual health. This knowledge-based activity is targeted to physicians, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, nurses, public health workers and other health care providers.
A. Northwest AHEC Originating Site\ 475 Deacon Blvd. \ Winston-Salem, N.C.
B. Webinar Locations:
- Area L AHEC \ 1631 South Wesleyan Boulevard \ Rocky Mount, NC
- Catawba Valley Medical Center \ AHEC 105, Lower Level \ 810 Fairgrove Church Road SE \ Hickory, NC
- Charlotte AHEC \ 5039 Airport Center Parkway \ Charlotte, NC
- Eastern AHEC \ Elizabeth City State University \ Pharmacy Complex Building \ Elizabeth City, NC
- Eastern AHEC \ 2000 Venture Tower Drive \ Greenville, NC
- Mountain AHEC \ 121 Hendersonville Road \ Asheville, NC
- Southern Regional AHEC \ 1601 Owen Drive \ Fayetteville, NC
- Wake AHEC \ William F. Andrews Center \ 3024 New Bern Avenue \ Raleigh, NC
- Watauga Medical Center \ 336 Deerfield Road \ Boone, NC
- Individuals using laptop, desktop, or mobile device. Individual participants will receive an email with connection link and instructions before the event. Multimedia computers, laptops, and most mobile devices and smart phones can be used to participate, however you will want to follow the test connection instructions PRIOR to the event for optimal experience.
- Health Department viewing as a group. (List of approved Health Department host sites are indicated on the registration page.)
*Conference pre-registration deadline is March 13, 2018.
*A post-test is required to obtain a certificate for all individual or health department webinar participants.
Two-Step Registration Requirements:
There is no registration fee, but registration is required for ALL participants.
Step 1: Register though this NNPTC site
In order for us to offer this event at no charge to participants, our funder, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, requires participants to complete a Health Professional Application for Training at this site. You have fulfilled this requirement as you complete this registration.
For questions regarding CDC registration, please email Tom Creger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Registration through Northwest AHEC--Link below
We recognize that much of this information is redundant, but registration is required in BOTH systems to complete registration for this event and to receive continuing education credits.
Tom Creger 205-975-5505 email@example.com