2020 NC Annual STD Update Program Draft
The 2020 Update will provide up-to-date information on prevention, management and treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). The program will also include a panel discussion with case studies that will review common disease states that may complicate treatment, explore emerging infections, and discuss the future of testing technique implementation.
This knowledge-based activity is targeted to physicians, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, nurses, public health workers and other health care providers.
8:30 AM Registration
9 AM Welcome and Introductions
Lindsey Arthur, MPH, CHES®and Candice J. McNeil, MD, MPH
9:15 AM Getting to Zero: HIV Prevention in Practice
Christopher Hurt, MD
10:15 AM Vaginitis and Sexually Transmitted Infections in Women who have Sex with Women
Christina Muzny, MD, MSPH
11:15 AM Break (PTC & NCATEC Overview slides)
11:30 AM Mycoplasma Genitalium and other not so usual suspects
Candice J. McNeil, MD, MPH
12:30 PM Lunch (on your own)
2 PM Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Infections
Luis Barroso, MD
3 PM Skills Building and Clinical Pearls: Challenging Cases in STI Management
Panelists: Luis Barroso, MD; Christopher Hurt, MD; Victoria Mobley, MD, MPH
Moderator: Candice J. McNeil, MD, MPH
4 PM Adjourn
CE: 5.0 hours
- Originating Site: Northwest AHEC \ 3rd Floor, Learning Center \ 475 Deacon Blvd. \ Winston-Salem, NC
- Remote Sites:
- Appalachian District Health Department \ 2nd Floor, Conference Room \ 126 Poplar Grove Connector Rd. \ Boone, NC
- Area L AHEC \ David M. Webb Learning Institute \ 1631 South Wesleyan Blvd. \ Rocky Mount, NC
- Catawba Valley Medical Center \ Lower Level, AHEC 105 Room \ 810 Fairgrove Church Rd., SE \ Hickory, NC
- Charlotte AHEC \ Building K, Classroom 17&18 \ 5039 Airport Center Pkwy. \ Charlotte, NC
- Durham County Department of Public Health \ 2nd Floor, Conference Room B \ Durham, NC
- Eastern AHEC \ ECSU, McLendon Hall, Room 105 \ 1704 Weeksville Rd. \ Elizabeth City, NC
- Eastern AHEC \ Room D \ 2600 W. Arlington Blvd. \ Greenville, NC
- Mountain AHEC \ Cherokee Room \ 121 Hendersonville Rd. \ Asheville, NC
- South East AHEC \ Pelican Classroom \ 2511 Delaney Ave. \ Wilmington, NC
- Southern Regional AHEC \ Classroom A \ 1601 Owen Dr. \ Fayetteville, NC
- Pre-approved Health Department Sites. A list of sites can be found on the registration page.
- Individual Viewing. Option to view independently using a desktop, laptop, tablet, smart phone, etc.
*These options will receive an email that includes connection information and instructions. Additionally, both options are required to complete an online evaluation and post-test in order to receive credit for the event and a certificate of completion.
IMPORTANT - MULTIPLE REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED!
There is no fee for this activity; however, multiple registrations are required. Program registration deadline is March 17, 2020 at 4 PM EST. You will not be able to switch your location after the deadline. If you miss the deadline or are unable to attend, you may view the enduring/archived sessions that will be posted to the website within two weeks post-program.
*In the event of inclement weather, exceptions to the deadline for switching locations will be determined by Northwest AHEC on a case-by-case basis.
- Complete the online registration through NWAHEC at www.nwahec.org/59289.
- You will see a popup box to redirect you to the NNPTC site to complete your 2nd required registration. Click “OK”.
- Register through the NNPTC site by completing a Health Professional Application for Training. Use the same name and contact information that you for the NWAHEC registration.
We recognize that much of this information is redundant. However, for the event to continue to be offered at no charge to participants, both registrations are required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND ASSISTANCE
If you have questions about the event, need to cancel your registration, send a substitute in your place and/or have not received your NWAHEC registration confirmation by March 23, please contact Gail Pawlik at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions regarding the CDC/NNPTC registration and/or Health Professional Application for Training, please contact Aiesha Gentry at email@example.com.
Aiesha Gentry 205-975-5505 firstname.lastname@example.org