With this year's Update, we are moving to a new venue. The event will be held at the Florentine in downtown Birmingham. The Florentine is located at 2101 2nd Avenue North, Birmingham, AL 35203. Included in the registration fee is morning coffee and box lunch. Parking will be provided as well. You can park in the parking deck at 2100 2nd Ave North, just steps away, and a parking voucher will be provided.
- Understand statewide trends in the epidemiology of reportable STI and HIV.
- Discuss state of the art diagnostics for STI including Mycoplasma genitalium.
- Gain practical knowledge and experience in the diagnosis and treatment of cervical STI.
- Identify local HIV Pre Exposure Prevention (PrEP) resources and review the impact of PrEP on STI in the U.S.
- Examine the rise of congenital syphilis and syphilis in women.
Presenters (please note that speaker times have not been assigned):
Rising rates of congenital syphilis and syphilis in women in the U.S. -- Jodie Dionne-Odom, MD
Denial, Doom, or Destiny? Resurgent STIs in HIV Care and Prevention -- Jeanne Marrazzo, MD
A Primer in Vaginitis and Cervicitis -- Candice McNeil, MD, MPH
STI Challenges and Opportunities in Alabama -- Bernestine Taylor, MD
Update in STI Diagnostic Testing -- Barbara van der Pol, PhD, PMH
Jointly Provided By
The University of Alabama School of Medicine, Division of CME, Birmingham, AL
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Division of Infectious Diseases, STD Program, Birmingham, AL
AL-NC STD/HIV Prevention Training Center, Birmingham, AL
The Jefferson County Department of Health, (JCDH), Birmingham, AL
Tom Creger 205-975-5505 email@example.com