The NC STD Update will provide updated information on recent trends, current management and highlight the innovative services offered by local health departments for a variety of sexually transmitted diseases including HIV, hepatitis and syphilis. This activity will also address best practices as relates to accurate diagnosis and treatment of conditions in the area of genital dermatology. This knowledge-based activity is targeted to physicians, advanced practice providers, pharmacists, nurses, public health workers and other health care providers.
2019 NC Annual STD Update Agenda
8:30 am Registration
9-9:15 am Welcome/Introductions
Candice McNeil, MD, MPH and Lindsey Arthur, MPH, CHES®
9:15-10 am HIV Prevention in Special Populations
David Wohl, MD
10-10:45 am Hepatitis
Heidi Swygard, MD, MPH
10:45-11 am Break (PTC & NCATEC Overview slides)
11-11:45 am DIS/Partner Services/Bridge Counseling
Victoria Mobley, MD MPH
11:45-12:30 pm Innovation in Public Health: EPT/Express Clinics/Self Collection
Candice McNeil, MD, MPH
12:30-1:45 pm Lunch (on your own)
1:45-2:30 pm Genital Dermatology
Libby Edwards, MD
2:30-3:15 pm Syphilis
Jodie Dionne-Odom, MD
3:15-4 pm Panel/Case Studies from Local Health Departments
4 pm Adjourn
A. Northwest AHEC Originating Site\ 475 Deacon Blvd. \ Winston-Salem, N.C.
B. Webinar Locations:
- Area L AHEC \ 1631 South Wesleyan Boulevard \ Rocky Mount, NC
- Catawba Valley Medical Center \ AHEC 105, Lower Level \ 810 Fairgrove Church Road SE \ Hickory, NC
- Charlotte AHEC \ 5039 Airport Center Parkway \ Charlotte, NC
- Eastern AHEC \ Elizabeth City State University \ Pharmacy Complex Building \ Elizabeth City, NC
- Eastern AHEC \ 2600 W. Arlington Boulevard \ Greenville, NC
- Greensboro AHEC \ 200 E. Northwood Street \ Greensboro, NC
- Mountain AHEC \ 121 Hendersonville Road \ Asheville, NC
- South East AHEC \ 2511 Delaney Avenue \ Wilmington, NC
- Southern Regional AHEC \ 1601 Owen Drive \ Fayetteville, NC
- Wake AHEC \ WakeMed Cary Hospital COnference Center \ 1900 Kildare Farm Road \ Raleigh, NC
- Watauga Medical Center \ 336 Deerfield Road \ Boone, NC
- Individuals using laptop, desktop, or mobile device. Individual participants will receive an email with connection link and instructions before the event. Multimedia computers, laptops, and most mobile devices and smart phones can be used to participate, however you will want to follow the test connection instructions PRIOR to the event for optimal experience.
- Health Department viewing as a group. (List of approved Health Department host sites are indicated on the registration page.)
*Conference pre-registration deadline is March 12, 2019.
*A post-test is required to obtain a certificate for all individual or health department webinar participants
IMPORTANT - MULTIPLE REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED!
There is no fee for this activity; however, multiple registrations are required.
Step 1: Register through this NNPTC site
In order for this event to be offered at no charge, our funder, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, requires participants to complete a Health Professional Application for Training at this site. You have fulfilled this requirement as you complete this registration.
Conference registration deadline for NNPTC is March 19, 2019.
For questions regarding CDC/NNPTC registration, please email Tom Creger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Registration through Northwest AHEC
In addition, ALL participants must also register with Northwest AHEC. You may do that at www.nwahec.org/56247 The information used to register in both systems MUST match. We recognize that much of this information is redundant, but registration is required in BOTH systems to complete registration for this event and to receive continuing education credits.
Conference registration deadline for Northwest AHEC is March 12, 2019.
For questions regarding Northwest AHEC registration, please contact Gail Pawlik at email@example.com.
Tom Creger 205-975-5505 firstname.lastname@example.org